9 Tips for Planning an Office Move that will Save You Time and Money
Set up your office a few weeks before the big day – An office is a place that you are going to be spending a lot of time in every single day. It is essential that you make sure that you have a nice set up in place. This means that you do not want to have anything that will take too much time or effort moving around. That being said, you want to try to have at least a week’s worth of items moved out of your new home into your old one. This is just to give you a head start on what you will need to have moved in by the time your move comes around.
Do you need some quick tips for planning an office move? If so, then you have come to the right place. We all know how overwhelming it can be to think about a large scale office move. But, there are a few things that you can do that will help. Here are some tips for planning an office move that will save you time and money:
1. Plan for Assessment and objectives –
When planning for an assessment & objectives while office moves that will save you money and time, consider a consultant who can offer a range of services from architectural to construction, design and construction coordination. It’s important to work with a service that understands your expectations for the project and how it is expected to be executed. Depending on the scope of the project, a consultant may be involved in the analysis stage, design and implementation stage, and post-implementation stage. An experienced company will also be familiar with the regulatory requirements for local governments that must be met when relocating or modifying facilities.
- A construction consultant is a professional with expertise in evaluating structures and related issues.
- It is important to work with a service that has completed works for large scale buildings.
- The need to adhere to building codes while making any changes to structures is another key consideration.
- Assessments & objectives while office move is best conducted with help from a professional.
- It can be difficult to know where to start and what to focus on when attempting to assess a commercial facility.
- It’s important to first determine what the purpose of the move is and then establish a budget.
2. Proper move plans –
A proper planning while an office move can save you money, time, and ultimately even your health. There are a lot of unknowns and risks involved that you may not have been aware of. It is best to have a proper plan in place, and this will help to take all the unknown risks out of the equation.
There are several things to keep in mind when it comes to properly planning a move such as how long you will be gone, how many rooms you will be moving, and what is the distance between where you currently are and the new location.
- Each of these items should be thoroughly researched and know exactly what you need to be moving to.
- When it comes to a fairly simple move like an office move, you can probably get by with just packing your personal belongings and throwing a few boxes in a dumpster, but larger office moves require more planning.
- A move such as this could require packing boxes and furniture as well as special crates or units that are designed to minimize damage during transfer. This means that your move could take a lot longer than you had originally planned on, which is something that any office moving company will tell you not to do.
- Office moves can be incredibly stressful and are best left to the professionals. Having a plan in place will make the entire move go smoothly.
An experienced office moving company can help with their knowledge and equipment. This is something that you should definitely use if you want to have the most success possible.
3. Team-spirit –
When the time comes to start a new office move, or a move to an entirely new office location, there are a number of different factors you need to take into consideration in order to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- One of the most important issues, no matter what type of move you are making, is how smoothly everything goes from the beginning to the end.
- If you have hired an office mover, then this is one less issue you need to worry about, but even if you are doing it on your own, it’s still a good idea to get the team building company involved.
- The more your employees know about what is happening, the smoother the move will go, and the more smoothly the new location will go as well.
- Team building while office moves that will save you money and time is a very valuable concept to put into practice.
- Team building while office moving can be helpful in a number of ways. It keeps your employees active and healthy during the move.
- It makes them aware of the kind of things they have to do in order to get ready for their new position. It prevents them from taking things for granted.
- Providing employees with the right information and tools can save you time and money. This is especially important when you’re talking about large scale jobs that might take weeks to complete.
- The cost of a professional team building company is far outweighed by the time it saves.
4. Take quick decisions –
One of the most important factors of any business is whether the owner can make an informed decision on the move. This is where office moving services come into place. If you are considering moving to some other location, then you must look into a reliable office moving company.
A company that is providing the best office moving service will take quick decisions on your behalf. They will inform you about the approximate time for moving from one place to another. Then the company will take care of other things including packing and shifting.
There are certain guidelines provided by the company while making the quick decisions.
- The company must tell you the approximate time taken for your office move and they must also inform you if they will be charging any fee for it.
- A proper arrangement for insurance is also very important and the company must also discuss it when you are at the meeting with them.
- If you want to avoid any type of problems and inconvenience, then the best way to go about it is to look for a good company that will provide you with the most reliable services.
5. Finances –
Planning and keeping a budget for your office move can really help you in saving money. Office moving costs include furniture, boxes, unpacking, transportation and advertising expenses. With a budget you can easily track and estimate the expenses you are going to spend so you will know where to cut down on.
- A budget is one of the best ways to save money when you are planning your office move.
- It is also best if you do not calculate or assume the total expenses because if you do this you will end up spending more than you expect.
- If you know exactly what you are going to spend on each expense then you will know what kind of budget you should make.
- Budgeting is not an easy thing to do, especially if you don’t have a plan on how to go about it.
- If you don’t have a budget then you would spend more than what you expected, which can be embarrassing and stressful at the same time. So it is best if you have a budget so you can easily track your expenses and avoid spending more money than you can.
In order to have a successful budget while your office moves then you must first have a list of expenses. Write these down, making sure that they are listed and include every single expense. Follow that by tracking your expenses every day until your budget is complete.
6. Work with professionals –
It is very important to work with professionals while making an office move that will save you money and time. This is because there are a lot of things that you have to consider when you are about to relocate your business to another location.
- There are furnishings, furniture, equipment, computer systems and a lot of other things that you have to take care of while making a smooth transition.
- In this regard, it is very important for you to work with the best service provider in the field so that all your needs are fulfilled well.
- If you want to have good furnishings, you have to work with professionals so that they can provide good furniture that is durable and would last long.
- If you want to get a smooth running office, then working with professionals would be a good idea. This is because professionals know a lot about office operations as well as how to get the job done in a timely manner without having any hassles whatsoever.
- A professional would know how to properly pack your office so that everything will be in place once everything has been relocated.
Working with professionals while making an office move that will save you time and money is advisable so that you get to benefit from all their experience and expertise.
7. Think twice before signing –
There are many companies on the market offering their services to take care of your office move. Make sure that you check all references to see which one has a better reputation. A good sign of a good company is that they offer a free consultation.
- Before signing any contracts to make sure that you know what is covered in the contract.
- Some companies cover certain areas such as lost/stolen tools or any other items that fall under the heading of “omitted” during the move.
- While others only cover certain areas of your office that are visible from the street.
- So it is important that you know what is covered and not covered when signing a contract.
- Office move can be a stressful time but it doesn’t have to be. If you use the resources available online, you should find a company that will help you.
- One resource that could save you time and money is Office Moving Quotes. By typing your business’ address into the quote generator you will quickly find out how much it will cost.
Remember that the office moving that saves you time and money, is a smart move!
8. Well-planned communication is all –
Communication is key while office moves which will save you time and money. Keep in mind the different personalities within your workplace which may affect your move. The different personalities may differ from one person to another, so as you plan your move, make sure that all the teams stay together in spirit.
- For a successful move, it is important for all the team members to communicate with each other.
- You do not have to spend all your time together, but spending some time while communicating will show your team that you care about them and are making that hard time transition easier for them.
- When communication is difficult within a team, there is a better way to keep everyone together, which is by email or phone.
- If you cannot find the time to communicate with each other, you should at least try to stay in contact with one another by phone.
- Keeping in contact with each other even if you don’t talk face to face is always beneficial during an office move.
- It is also better to communicate with your team before the move, this way you can let them know what is going on without anyone getting upset and feeling left out.
Communication is key while office moves which will save you time and money.
9. Clear-out all issues and move-on –
While office move is one of the most important and also stressful times for all the employees, you can go for a few major steps that would help you out while moving your office.
- One of the major steps that would really help you out while moving your office is by hiring an office mover.
- There are lots of companies who are offering their professional services to the people who are having to relocate their office or any other business premises.
- You can simply make a call to these movers and ask for their quotes and then compare it with your budget.
- There are many moving companies which have been operating in the market for a long time and so, you can always trust them with the security of your precious assets.
- When moving your office, it is very important to clear out and move all the unnecessary items. This will not only save your precious time but also your valuable belongings as well.
- Even if you do not have to move the things from your home, you can prepare them in a safe place.
- When you are planning to move your office to another location, you can contact the professionals of the company and ask for their assistance.
- It would be better if you contact the movers who would provide quality services at the cheapest price.
- By hiring an office mover you can surely make your office move smoothly without having to spend much.
Contact us for a pocket-friendly and stress-free office move
Contact our Melbourne removal office for a well-planned office move that will leave you stress-free. Contacting a removal or moving company in Melbourne, Australia, by dialling 1800 958 010 can be the best move of your life.
With experienced moving professionals on staff, all you have to do is let them know how many items you have in the home, and they will customize a moving plan just for you. Feel free to sit down with us during our free consultation to talk about what you have in mind. From there, we will provide you with several options that are available to you. Depending upon what your needs are, your moving company can make the necessary arrangements to move you into your new home.
In just a few short days, a specialist will come to your home and make the necessary arrangements to transport all of your items to your new home or location. Our team of specialists will work with you from start to finish to make sure that your relocation is one you will never forget. It only takes a few minutes to talk with us, and you will be able to rest easy knowing you will be leaving your current location in the care of a professional moving company.
We will then evaluate all of your items and take all of them with us to our Melbourne office for a detailed inspection. Once your belongings have been evaluated, we will provide you with an estimated cost to pack up your belongings and move you into your new home. If there are any items that are too large or too heavy for the furniture at your new residence, we can often move these for you as well.
Our trained professionals will make sure that all of your items are transported and placed properly in your new residence.