How To Move Oversized Items Without Breaking Your Back
If you’re trying to learn how to move oversized items such as refrigerators, freezers, or washing machines without hurting yourself, there are some tips you should know.
These tips will help you to not only learn how to move these large items safely but also to make sure that you don’t hurt yourself during the move. If you are looking for a way to learn how to move these types of items without hurting yourself, these tips will help you find what you need and how to do it safely.
Never to overfill a space
When learning how to move oversized items without breaking your back, another thing you should keep in mind is never to overfill a space. It is always best to leave a few inches of space between the appliance and the wall so that you don’t have to empty the entire room. Also, it is always good to space the appliances out a bit and not pack them so tightly that you can’t open the doors or drawer. This will also help you avoid having to turn off the water and gas before you move.
Measure the oversized item
If you have to move from one place to another, then it is very important for you to know the ways that will help you measure the oversized item before planning the move.
- A large variety of items may be involved in a certain move and therefore, if the mover will not provide you with proper advice and assistance, you may end up taking some heavy losses. There are different ways which can be used to carry out the task successfully.
- You just have to ensure that you are familiar with all of the details which are related to the oversized item before planning the move. It is very important for you to know the exact measurement which is required to be taken in order to determine whether the item which needs to be transported is large enough or not.
- If you need to know the precise measurement, then it will become easier for you to make the right decision regarding transportation. There are some individuals who prefer carrying something on their back. In this case, it is advisable for you to carry the item in your arms in order to avoid the heavy strain which can be caused due to the weight of the item.
- It is very important for you to plan a move before you actually do it. This is because transportation will become easy once you have done so. In this regard, if you wish to know the ways that can help you to carry the oversized item before planning the move, then you have to be aware of the fact that there are a number of items which can be carried by using a backpack. In this regard, you can even decide to use some of the bags provided by the movers in order to carry the things with your back.
Empty Shelves and Drawers
Do not put the bulky items that are taking up too much space inside the empty shelves and drawers before moving the item. This can cause damage to both the interior and exterior structure of the cabinet. You need to move this item safely to ensure that you do not damage the unit.
- The shelves need to be secured and this can be done by using Brad nails or screws.
- Do not move the shelves until all the material is removed from these drawers.
- There should be a gap of at least 2 inches between the shelves and the walls.
- Once you have marked the positions on the shelves and the wall with chalk, cut the slots for the Brad nails or screws using the wood glue.
- Fit a board beneath the empty shelves to support them. This helps you to move them easily.
- Once you have fitted these supports, remove them from beneath the empty shelves. You can now remove the damaged items and place them in the boxes or bags that are provided by the moving company.
- Then remove the boxes or bags from under the supports and move them to the new location.
Take Furniture Apart
If you are moving from one house to another or just want to get rid of some unwanted items, there are many ways you can take furniture apart before packing it. If you have items that need to be separated such as old furniture that you will not use anymore, then you should think about taking these items apart before moving them. This will help you get your money’s worth and it will also allow you to recycle the items.
- Before moving the old furniture, make sure that you have the right tools for it such as long screws and chisels.
- These will be needed for breaking the pieces down properly. You should also have an old rusted nail for this job.
- Before proceeding, make sure that you label each of the furniture pieces so you know which one goes where.
- For large items like couches, you can put them together first and then put them on top of each other to make sure that they are all properly aligned.
- You can either dismantle the items one by one or you can take the large item and place it all together and then break it down into small manageable pieces.
- The advantage of doing it this way is that you are going to be able to get every single piece of the large item before going through the disassembling process.
- Before proceeding with the disassembling, lay down each of the items on a piece of cardboard and mark them correctly.
- Make sure that you take your time and not rush through this job.
Use Pads or Blankets to shift
Many people are now making use of the alternative to heavy furniture like the sofas and bed to move heavy items around the house. This has become easier because people have found out that there are a lot of things that can be carried using lightweight material like rugs, pads and blankets.
- These items can be used to carry boxes, bags, heavy articles and even heavier furniture. If you want to use this kind of alternative to moving your heavy items around the house, you will find out that it is very easy to do so.
- You do not need any professional assistance or heavy tools to accomplish this task.
- These are some of the ways in which you can use rugs and blankets to move heavy items around the house.
- Before you begin moving your heavy items, you should remember one thing.
- You should always consider the safety factor while carrying heavy furniture or articles of the house.
- You should ensure that the things you are carrying are of the right weight and you should also ensure that you are carrying them in a safe manner so that they do not break or get damaged.
- When you are shifting your heavy furniture or articles of home, you can also use pads or blankets to move them.
- There are many advantages of using these kinds of alternatives to heavy furniture or house moving solutions.
- These include cost-effective solutions and they also provide an easy way to move home.
- You can use pads or blankets to move heavy items around the house with ease and comfort.
Implement ‘Push instead of pull’ technique
When you are doing some home improvement or moving some heavy things, you have to use some sort of device that helps you pull them instead of pushing them.
- This technique is more effective and safer as compared to pulling when you are doing some home improvement or moving.
- When we are doing some home improvement or moving, we have to move all the heavy objects by ourselves in order to do some quick and easy things.
- We have to do it in such a way so that no one gets hurt and all the things are safely moved. So what you have to do is you have to push the heavy object and you have to pull the heavy object instead of doing both the moves at the same time.
This technique will help you to get maximum advantage over the person who is doing the moving of the heavy object. So, now you know how to move safely instead of pushing and pulling while moving heavy things.
Keep the tools and lifting straps handy
There are many professional moving companies available that will be able to help you in every possible way. They will make use of special tools and equipment that are made just for moving huge and heavy items while following safety measures at the same time. You can always rely on these professional movers for the services that they provide towards your relocation.
- If you are planning to move from one place to another, then you can give proper attention towards all the small things as well instead of concentrating only on the heavy objects.
- All the necessary things that you need for moving include tools, packing material, moving straps, heavy-duty blankets, boxes and cartons, tape measures, hammers, screwdrivers and so forth.
- Even the basic tools are very useful while moving.
- If you do not want to risk hurting yourself while relocating all the heavy boxes, you can always hire the services of professionals for the safety purpose.
- You can also purchase boxes and cartons of different sizes and designs, depending upon the number of items that you would like to move.
- These days you can even find special bins for keeping these things in.
Thus, all these things would ensure that you are doing a safe job of relocating all the heavy items in a safe manner.
Make use of a furniture dolly
The furniture dolly is an all-in-one piece of equipment that can help you move heavy furniture or even carry heavy boxes or books from one place to another. This useful dolly can be very helpful while relocating, even if you are not experienced at movers. Many people are frightened to move large objects by themselves, but with the help of a good dolly you can get your job done safely and without any worries. The furniture dolly comes with different options when it comes to its features. If you have an extra room in your house that you can use as the storage area, then this is the perfect tool for you to use. If you do not have extra space to spare then you can always use the compact storage mat that comes with it.
- The dollies come with a long handle that makes it easier for you to carry heavy items.
- They also have a large wheel that makes it easy for you to move the entire dolly.
- Another great feature of the compact storage mat is that it comes with straps to ensure that you can easily secure the dolly to the floor wherever you are moving it to.
- This is very useful especially when someone else is coming along and they do not want to bother with setting up the dolly before loading it with the heavy items.
- Before you start using a dolly, you should consult the owner’s manual so that you are aware of the different methods that are available for you to use to move the heavy items.
- Many people make use of their dollys when they have to move a lot of boxes and books.
- You can also use the dolly to pack your belongings while taking them to a new home.
Use Stair rollers and glides
There are many situations where people have to move heavy and big items and one such situation is when you have a large family at home. In fact, in many houses there are more than four members and all of them need to be moved with the utmost ease and comfort.
- There are two kinds of equipment that are used while moving heavy items and these are; rollers and glides.
- Both of these equipment are essential in order to move your house from one floor to another, but the question is how they function? Basically, stair rollers are considered as a better option than glides because they are more convenient and easier to use.
- When it comes to comparing the prices of both of these, you will find that the price of the stroller is almost double of that of the glider.
- But still, you can get a discount on these items as well as on other things that you need during the moving process.
- If you are looking for such companies in your area then all you need to do is make a simple research on the internet and you will surely get a long list of the names of the best companies that can help you out with your task.
- All you have to do is make a list of the most reliable companies and also make a note of their prices. Now, you can start making your plans regarding the different items that you will be requiring during the move so that you do not have to worry about them any longer.
Contact us for moving heavy items
Contact our moving company in Melbourne for carrying heavy items. There are many moving companies available but not all of them are able to accommodate the moving needs of a business or an individual. Since we are moving out of our old home in Australia, we do not have a lot of experience with moving heavy items. Therefore, we are sure that moving companies have experts in this area who can help us move the heaviest items with ease and confidence.
When choosing a moving service in Melbourne for moving heavy items, it is important to choose a company that is reliable and trustworthy. This will help you to be assured that the belongings being moved are in good hands. This is also one way of minimizing any damage to the place where the belongings are being packed and loaded. It is wise to check with other clients of the moving company that you will be hiring so you will have an idea about their customer service quality.
Contact our moving service in Melbourne at 1800 958 010 for moving heavy items like Furniture, Gadgets, Big Appliances, Mattresses and Chairs. We are sure that our professionals will help you get the best deal for heavy items. Moreover, they will offer insurance for the movement of these items so that you will not worry about any damage while in transit.
For more information regarding moving services or for your booking to one of our professional movers in Melbourne, just give a call today!!